Thursday, April 19, 2007

The truth is out!

It's official. I am well and truly ticked off at not yet having our belongings with us. The moment of clarity came when I had been sitting on the sofa for hours working on an interview presentation. My papers were falling in between the sofa cushions alongside my pen, and the phone - which started to ring and of course I couldn't find it. Cushions were flung, and papers strewn but I was too late. Immediately after the ringing stopped, I lifted up a cushion to find it nestled at the back of the sofa. Grrr...

I really could have used a work surface today - which under normal circumstances would be our kitchen table (Brian gets to hog the office desk since he works from home). But we're not under normal circumstances, are we? Our household belongings are sitting in a depot one hour away from here, but they won't get here until Monday. So, in a moment of spontaneous pro-action, I called Allied PIckfords and asked if there was any possible way that we could get our things before Monday. She's talking to her operations people to see if that can happen. Not holding my breath.

The good news, is that I have three job interviews. I am also seriously considering entering my PGDE (Post Graduate Diploma in Education) to train as a religious and moral education teacher. For those of you so inclined, I would deeply appreciate your prayers. I feel closer to an answer to the "What Will Fiona Do?" question, but there are still decisions to be made.

Brian is doing well and currently cooking the tea (dinner). We enjoyed a fabulous weekend of music and sun in Anstruther this week, during the Homegame - Fence Records annual festival. Brian commented when we left that the weekend made him think more seriously about living in a smaller, more rural area. Who knows where we'll be in a few years, eh?!

Over 'n' out

1 comment:

Captainwow said...

I think I can relate... One of our belongings is a half hour away and I'm powerless to do anything about it. And I finally admitted to being royally pursed about it the other day.
So, I'm with you - hope you get that stuff soon soon soon!!!