Monday, June 11, 2007

A Strange but Beautiful Day!

Today I had the day off due to the fact that I had to work at the weekend. I decided I would begin the day with laundry. This proved to be an excellent idea, for the weather that emerged from a grey start was absolutely beautiful! By the time I was ready to hang out the first wash, it was actually hot outside. After loading up the 'mediums' I set off for a trip to Stockbridge. Stockbridge is in the west end of Edinburgh and is rather lovely - especially on a sunny day. One of the main attractions of the neighborhood is a selection of charity shops which usually have quite an impressive range of good quality clothing. My goal was to make some second hand purchases before hte day was out!

My first mistake was wearing hiking shoes. The weather turned out to be even warmer than I had expected! Wearing a pair of jeans and hiking shoes proved to be very uncomfortable in the heat. I kept dreaming of my sandals sitting at hte bottom of my closet....

Second mistake: I jumped on the wrong bus. I should have taken the number 36 but instead I somehow misread the bus number and jumped on the 35. The 35 takes you to hte Scottish Parliament and Holyrood park, not Stockbridge. About four or five stops in, a boy of about 16 years of age got on the bus and plopped himself in the seat in front of me. When I say plopped, I really mean sprawled. After a few minutes he looked straight at me and said " Can I do you a trade?"

"A what?" I asked "A trade?"

"Aye, said the boy, a trade. I'll trade ma phone number fer yours and that'll include a date"

I KID YOU NOT!

1 comment:

Heidi Sue said...

Fi!

:-D

Have you seen Notes on a Scandal? Comes to mind right about now...

Enjoying imagining you enjoying a beautiful day...