Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tired

When we moved to Scotland in march, I jumped right into life back here in my home country. This past few weeks has been no different - we've been rather busy! A few weeks ago I suddenly realised that I felt tired. Not just a "i should get a good night's sleep" tired - but an all consuming, brain, heart, body tired!

When I started working for the Scottish Bible Society, our chief executive talked to me about how our souls need breathing space. My soul needs breathing space! It's not that I feel downtrodden, sad, or anything - I am just tired of being on the go all the time.

By the end of September, things will have quietened down. We'll manage more than one Sunday at church in a row. I will finish the book sitting on my bedside cabinet. Letters will be written and mailed. Life will slow to a pace that is manageable and I will be thankful!

No comments: