Monday, May 14, 2007

Quick job update

It's about time I updated you on my job situation. A few weeks ago I was interviewed for the position of Youth Development Manager with the Scottish Bible Society. I was offered the job. I took it.

The end.

Except not quite... I have also applied for teacher training at Moray House in Edinburgh. The year-long course would qualify me to teach Religious and Moral Education to secondary school pupils. There's a good chance I won't get in this fall for a couple of reasons (not enough experience in Scottish schools, and it's late in the year). If not, I will re-apply for next fall. SO, the job with the Scottish Bible Society is short term if I get in this year, and long-er term if not. It's not quite what I expected for a number of reasons, but that has only served as a reminder to trust in God. I have said this before, and I will say this again - this move has been a massive lesson in minute by minute trust in God.

Brian is doing well. He discovered the Fine Art Library this morning which made him very happy. I came home to find piles of art/photography books in the spare room!

No comments: